Navigator:   > News |       Site Map



NEWS:

Dear Friends of the W.C.V.T.C.

The opening event of the school year 2011 at the William Cornelius Vocational Training Centre was a wonderful time; to see all the new students coming with their hearts full of joy, with expectations for the new journey ready to begin. For them as beginners is quite an experience, because the Education Project of the Centre has been focused to develop a new citizen, a worker, a university student, a believer based in the word of God, a better son or daughter. Their first impression at the entrance is to see the building of the Centre; a place dedicated to education, seeking the strategies of new learning based in the model of competence.

This year two more careers are offered: Graphic Design and Office Computation, these have been added to the W.C.V.T.C. and as a result, fifty new students have become part of the family of the William Cornelius Vocational Training Centre. To us the students are not a number or a statistic, to us they are precious jewelry in the hands of God; we will remember our commitment with the Lord to fulfill the vision of the Centre which is, "To see effective Christian leaders raised up from our students for the good of Guatemala and Godīs kingdom" The future generation of young men & women who come to study with the goal of becoming successful in life, are also in your hands; when you help or donate for education it's truly an investment in the lives of the youth.



For them as young adults the reality to confront is a number on the national statistics for secondary education of Guatemala; where only 20% reach education at this level as a society, we are leaving behind 80% from the classroom . Being a young adult in Guatemala is a challenge between finding an opportunity and access to an education programme. The numbers are very significant 30 are coming from the scholarship system of Child Care Plus, others have heard about The Vocational Training Centre and the education project which has been considered by the Ministry of Education of Guatemala, as an example to follow.

The challenge for the faculty is to make the students feel the need to pursue success in life; because "education is one of the most powerful instruments for reducing poverty and inequality and lays a foundation for sustained economic growth" Education is an indicator of measurement for a world development and the investment in this area is crucial for the continuation of the society itself.

Last year the W.C.V.T.C. graduated 23 students in two specializations; Dental Hygiene and Computer Technology, both these careers are three year courses. The institution worked last year in conjunction with Businesses and Dental Clinics as well as other professionals to seek a place where the students could train with their expertise, this effort is important to continue; touching base with the Industry & Business world. There is a need to look, to find or approach others, because there is an entire generation of Guatemalan young men and women that need us; there is a number that Guatemala needs to reduce and the W.C.V.T.C. is working hard to alleviate this reality, by believing, having faith and praying. If Joshua stopped the time for the victory of His people, our prayer is "Lord change our time; to reach others for Your Kingdom and for Your Glory" (Joshua 10:12-14).

Kindest regards,

Edna Estrada
Administrator, William Cornelius Vocational Training Centre.
 
PHOTOS:


THE LATEST WCVTC PHOTOS


Dental Hygiene &
Alan's Birthday



Check out the link below.
Photos and videos are updated
on a regular basis.



Power Point Presentation of the WCVTC cronological development.
(High-speed Internet Required)



First Students of WCVTC




Opening Day Excitement




Building progress...
from beginning to end.







May each of us walk with boldness

and expectancy into the unknown,

holding the hand of the One who

knows our future.


 

RENT THE WCVTC FACILITIES:



Please contact our office for more details on renting these facilities.
 
NEWS LETTERS:     (PDF or MS Word Document)

»  Memo, March 2011

»  Brochure - Prayer Support

»  Brochure - Student Sponsorship

»  Brochure - Equipment Needs

 


To top of page
 


 
 WCVTC  Home  Page  Welcome About The Vision How To Help News Links Contact Copyright Privacy Policy Legal Terms Site Map